Federico Babina has taken country flags and made them her own in her latest collection called Archimachine. The artist draws out flags using architectural structures, as well as the appropriate colors for each section of the world.
According to DesignBoom, the "project is a metaphor of how architecture and engineering are a fundamental piece in the of identity of urban places and of people that inhabit them, and presents a narrative exploration of a country and its culture." For China, the design consists of bright yellow and red colors, along with windmills, industrial factories, skyscrapers from Shanghai and large construction tools to signify the extreme amount of growth the country has undergone in the last decade.
Photo Credits: designboom, federicobabina
Federico Babina Draws Country Flags by Using Architectural Designs
1. Architectural Flag Designs - Using architectural structures to create artistic representations of country flags, presenting a unique fusion of art and design.
2. Identity in Urban Spaces - Exploring the connection between architecture, engineering, and the identity of urban places and the inhabitants within them.
3. Narrative Exploration of Culture - Using architectural drawings as a metaphor to explore the culture and history of different countries.
1. Art and Design - Opportunity for artists and designers to use architectural elements to create innovative and visually striking artwork.
2. Real Estate and Construction - Potential for architects and engineers to incorporate unique cultural elements into building designs, reflecting the identity of the urban spaces.
3. Cultural Tourism - Incorporating architectural flag designs into tourist attractions to provide an immersive experience and deeper understanding of a country's culture.