This funny cough medicine ad series for Ricola shows just how easily the delivery of a message can be drastically altered by a pesky cough. The colorful print ads make statements like "You look good," "She's just a friend," and "We're having a baby," but these words are interrupted by coughs that change the meaning of phrases that are supposed to sound positive.
When you have got a cough or a sore throat, sometimes it can be enough of a challenge to get any words out, but these Ricola ads note that when you're got a cough, you want to make sure that your good news sounds like good news, rather than something that you'd rather not say at all.
Ricola's Cough Medicine Ads Show Sickness Getting in the Way
1. Humorous Advertising - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create comical ads that use humor to convey a message and engage viewers.
2. Contextual Messaging - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop ads that play with the context of the messaging, creating unexpected and memorable moments.
3. Narrative Interruptions - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Utilize interruptions in storytelling to create humorous and attention-grabbing ads.
1. Pharmaceutical Advertising - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create innovative advertisements that break the traditional norms of pharmaceutical advertising.
2. Marketing and Advertising - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore unconventional advertising techniques to captivate audiences and deliver a memorable brand message.
3. Entertainment Industry - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporate humor and unexpected elements into entertainment media to create engaging and shareable content.