As it stands, cooking in the average household's kitchen doesn't happen without appliances that are attached to cords but the Wireless Power Consortium (WPC) is offering a vision for the kitchen of the future with its Ki Cordless Kitchen. Notably, the WPC is the organization behind the development of the Qi wireless charging standard for smartphones and mobile devices, and this new kitchen standard has the potential to replace plugs and cables with kitchen surfaces.
The clutter-free kitchen boasts a sleek design that's appealing for spaces of all sizes and introduces two-way communication between appliances and power transmitters, which are compatible with all non-metal counter or tabletop materials. With the transmitters installed beneath tabletop surfaces and counters, the surfaces are easy-to-clean and more modern-looking than ever.
The Ki Cordless Kitchen Creates an Intuitive and Clean Experience
1. Cordless Kitchen - The future kitchen will become more convenient with cordless kitchen appliances
2. Wireless Power Transmitters - The Qi wireless charging standard will lead to more wireless power transmitters for homes and offices
3. Smart Kitchens - Kitchens will become smarter with the integration of more two-way communication appliances
1. Home Appliances - Home appliances manufacturers will introduce cordless kitchen appliances to improve convenience
2. Construction Materials - Construction materials manufacturers will create more non-metal surfaces compatible with wireless power transmitters
3. Smart Home Technology - Smart home technology companies will create more appliances that integrate with two-way communication and wireless power transmitters