The Guillén Lafuerza School in Oviedo, Spain, boasts a remarkable new contemporary dining hall that is equal parts vibrant and inviting. The innovative space was designed by Spanish architect Miguel Angel Garcia-Pola Vallejo, whose main constraints around the project involved streamlining pedestrian traffic and allowing for delivery of goods to the dining hall through an adjacent parking lot.
This contemporary dining hall is rectangular in shape and all windows are optimized to balance the supply of natural light and risk of heat loss. The inside of the dining hall is a bright yellow, while the building also features restrooms, a kitchen and a storage area for coats and backpacks.
Featuring only the bright, warm yellow color that fills the halls and the steel grey of the exterior, this bright space is a unique and successful project that is sure to have a positive impact on student life.
This Contemporary Dining Hall is Refreshingly Alluring
1. Visionary Dining Halls - Designing bright and contemporary dining spaces that positively impact student life.
2. Streamlined Traffic Flow and Delivery - Innovating dining hall designs that prioritize pedestrian traffic and delivery efficiency.
3. Natural Light Optimization - Maximizing natural light in dining hall design while minimizing heat loss.
1. Schools and Education - Creating innovative dining halls for schools and universities.
2. Architecture and Design - Developing unique and inviting dining hall designs.
3. Construction and Engineering - Constructing dining halls that prioritize traffic flow and natural light optimization.