Eco-friendly fashion was top-of-mind for many designers at New York Fashion Week, as evidenced by the Collina Strada Fall 2020 runway show. With regards to sustainability, Collina Strada says "be chic while you do it. It doesn't need to be so serious and granola." As such, models walked the grass-covered runway toting colorful, fashion-forward reusable bags and bejeweled water bottles or even gardening tools—fittingly, the name Collina Strada gave the collection is 'Garden Ho.'
While some of the designs shown at NYFW took the form of blouses with bows and tailored corset jackets, others reinvented the classic trench coat with faux fur. Notably, a good majority of the pieces in the ready-to-wear fall fashion collection are made with rose silk and deadstock fabric.
Image Credit: Vogue, Alessandro Lucioni, Gorunway.com
Collina Strada Fall 2020 Had Reusable Bottles & Bags as Accessories
1. Eco-friendly Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing sustainable and fashionable alternatives to traditional clothing materials and accessories.
2. Reusable Accessories - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating stylish and reusable accessories, such as bags and water bottles, that align with sustainable fashion.
3. Blending Fashion and Nature - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrating elements of nature, like grass-covered runways and gardening tools, into fashion shows and collections.
1. Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Embracing sustainability in design and production processes to meet the growing demand for eco-friendly fashion.
2. Textiles - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing sustainable textile alternatives, such as rose silk and deadstock fabric, to reduce the environmental impact of the fashion industry.
3. Accessories - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Designing fashionable and reusable accessories, like bags and water bottles, that align with the principles of sustainability.