Nike recently launched a 'Just Do It' campaign featuring former NFL player Colin Kaepernick and now it dropped the first of its Colin Kaepernick products for the season. This concept surrounding the campaign garnered a lot of controversial dialogue, as Kaepernick fought for equal rights on the field. The first piece of the line is a long-sleeve t-shirt finished with subtle details. It is complete in a sleek black hue throughout, with details on the back recalling the athlete. It reads "Kaepernick" done in 3M outlining for reflective elements.
The sleeves boast branding details in the form of its signature Swoosh in the same reflective materials alongside the quote from the campaign, "Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything." The shirt's hem sees tonal stamps that represent the athlete's face and hair and Nike's branding.
Nike Introduced the First of Its Colin Kaepernick Products This Season
1. Controversial Marketing Campaigns - Businesses can consider leveraging controversial figures or issues to create impactful marketing campaigns.
2. Athlete-driven Fashion Lines - The rise of athlete-driven fashion lines presents opportunities for collaborations between sports brands and individual athletes.
3. Reflective Materials in Fashion - Fashion brands can explore the use of reflective materials to add a stylish and unique touch to their products.
1. Apparel - The apparel industry can tap into controversial themes and innovative designs to create products that resonate with consumers.
2. Sports Marketing - The sports marketing industry can harness the power of athlete endorsements to drive customer engagement and brand loyalty.
3. Fashion and Accessories - The fashion and accessories industry can explore the use of reflective materials as an emerging trend in product designs.