Coffee-infused libations are often quite sweet and creamy, but the Eastside Distilling Hue-Hue Coffee Rum looks to disrupt the market with a new libation that is balanced and not as sweet as traditional liqueurs.
The drink is made from a blend of silver rum that has been created in small batches and cold-brewed coffee that is made with grounds from Huehuetenango in Guatemala (hence the name). The libation has a 35% ABV and is reported to have the robust flavor of cold brew coffee without the creamy taste and texture that many other coffee-infused drinks have.
The Eastside Distilling Hue-Hue Coffee Rum is set to only be available for purchase in Oregon with plans to expand into other areas of the US coming later in 2018.
Image Credit: FoodBev Media
The Eastside Distilling Hue-Hue Coffee Rum is Simple and Flavorful
1. Balanced Coffee-infused Drinks - Opportunity for creating coffee-infused beverages that are not overly sweet or creamy, providing a more balanced flavor profile.
2. Small Batch Distilling - Disruption in the distilling industry by focusing on small batch production, allowing for more control over flavor and quality.
3. Cold Brew Coffee Innovations - Innovative approaches to cold brew coffee, showcasing unique flavors and textures that can be incorporated into various beverage products.
1. Craft Distilleries - Opportunity for craft distilleries to experiment with coffee-infused rum and other innovative flavor combinations.
2. Specialty Coffee - Collaboration between specialty coffee producers and beverage companies to create unique coffee-based drink offerings.
3. Alcoholic Beverage Retail - Opportunity for alcoholic beverage retailers to expand their product offerings with artisan coffee-infused rums and other innovative libations.