It's not every day that you take a stroll through the park and happen upon something like the Cocoon by AA Design & Make.
Designed by four students from London's Architectural Association who are also part of the AA Design & Make program, the cocoon wraps around three different trees and appears as if its literally floating in mid air. The designers say the cocoon is meant to invite "the visitor to anticipate, imagine, explore and discover the natural beauty of the forest from a completely different perspective," according to Dezeen. A ladder at one end of the cocoon lets people climb in while the other end features a small opening with light shining through.
The Cocoon by AA Design & Make is a celebration of nature at its most gorgeous.
The Cocoon by AA Design & Make Combines Nature with Architecture
1. Floating Tree Structures - The floating tree structures trend presents opportunities for architects and designers to create innovative, nature-integrated structures.
2. Architecture-driven Nature Exploration - The architecture-driven nature exploration trend opens doors for immersive experiences that allow visitors to engage with the natural environment in unique ways.
3. Innovative Use of Light - The innovative use of light trend provides possibilities for creating captivating visual effects and enhancing the overall aesthetic of architectural designs.
1. Architecture - Architects can explore the potential of floating tree structures to push boundaries and create awe-inspiring designs that harmonize with nature.
2. Tourism and Hospitality - The tourism and hospitality industry can leverage architecture-driven nature exploration to offer visitors unforgettable experiences in natural settings.
3. Lighting Design - The lighting design industry can capitalize on the innovative use of light in architectural projects to create immersive and visually stunning environments.