These festive coconut macaroons are an easy dessert to make for the holiday season, especially if you have dietary restrictions or will be hosting others that do. From Monica at the Free People blog, the peppermint coconut macaroons recipe is gluten-free, raw and vegan.
Described as "delightfully sweet and crunchy on the outside," the treats contain a delicious chewy center filled with coconut. The bites are very versatile as well, so you can add extra ingredients like nuts, lemon zest, dried cranberries or cocoa powder. For the base, you will need vanilla, unsweetened shredded coconut, peppermint extract, maple syrup or agave, crushed candy canes, coconut oil and coconut flour. You will also need a food processor and can either shape the balls by hand or with a small scoop.
These Peppermint Coconut Macaroons Make a Festive Gluten-Free and Vegan Dessert
1. Gluten-free Holiday Treats - There is a growing demand for holiday treats that cater to gluten-free dietary restrictions, presenting an opportunity for companies to develop new and innovative gluten-free treats for the holiday season.
2. Vegan Desserts - With the rise of veganism, there is a growing market for vegan desserts that are not only delicious but also cruelty-free, providing a great opportunity for businesses to create innovative vegan dessert options.
3. Raw Food - Raw, unprocessed food recipes like these peppermint coconut macaroons are gaining in popularity as more consumers seek out healthier food options, opening up possibilities for businesses to specialize in creative raw food recipes for the holidays.
1. Food and Beverage - As a staple industry during the holiday season, the food and beverage industry has the potential to tap into the trend of health-conscious holiday treats by developing innovative gluten-free and vegan options that cater to dietary restrictions.
2. Health and Wellness - With the trend of healthier holiday recipes on the rise, the health and wellness industry could offer opportunities for companies to develop healthy alternatives to traditional holiday desserts.
3. Blogging - Blogging has the potential to create a platform for creative and healthy holiday recipes such as these peppermint coconut macaroons, allowing bloggers to reach a wide audience and potentially attract revenue through advertising and sponsorships.