Coca-Cola is now focused on design, and recently commissioned The Designers Republic (UK), Lobo (Brazil), MK12 (USA), Rex and Tennant McKay (South Africa), and Caviar (Japan) to provide unique new bottle designs. The project, named M5, is based on a visual rebranding project targeting young stylish consumers.
Implications - Even the oldest, most iconic brands have to reinvent every once in awhile, resulting in frequent visual re-branding initiatives. Whether it springs from the hope of reaching a new demographic or simply is an attempt to revamp the company according to modern times, a visual re-branding is often necessary and almost always well received by loyal fans of a brand's products.
1. Visual Rebranding Initiatives - More and more iconic brands are expected to undergo visual rebranding initiatives to stay competitive and reach a new demographic.
2. Design as a Focus - Brands will prioritize design to attract younger, more stylish consumers.
3. Collaborative Branding Projects - Collaborations between brands and design agencies will continue to produce unique and fresh designs.
1. Beverage - Brands in the beverage industry will need to frequently implement visual rebranding to stay relevant.
2. Design - Design agencies will have more opportunities to work with established brands on visual rebranding projects.
3. Marketing - Marketing industry professionals will need to keep up with the latest visual rebranding trends to help their clients stay competitive.