‘City in the Sky’ by Megatropolis literally resembles blooming flowers in the form of large-scale skyscrapers. These distinctly designed superstructures were apart of a project by Metropolis to create an alternative plan for densely populated cities. The idea behind this concept was to create a peaceful haven away from city life, but that is still in the center of all the action.
This unique project shows a city literally in the sky, and the buildings shown slightly resemble the huge superstructures in the well-known Star Wars films. The company used a lotus flower as their inspiration because it “is known for its ability to emerge above the murky waters pure and clean.”
This futuristic-city idea is one that could spark other new ideas to deal with the overpopulation problem. Megatropolis is a London-based company, and they specialize in unique designs for metropolitan life in the future.
‘City in the Sky’ by Megatropolis Resembles Blooming Flower
1. Lotus-inspired Architecture - Innovative architects and designers can take inspiration from nature to create unique urban structures that are both aesthetically pleasing and functional.
2. Vertical Cities - As cities become more crowded, there is an opportunity for architects and urban planners to think beyond traditional horizontal expansion and explore vertical solutions.
3. Alternative Urban Planning - The ‘City in the Sky’ project by Megatropolis showcases how alternative urban planning can create a peaceful haven away from city life while still being in the center of all the action.
1. Architecture - Architects and designers can capitalize on the trend of innovative and nature-inspired urban structures to create unique buildings that stand out from traditional designs.
2. Real Estate - As the world’s population continues to grow, there is a rising demand for innovative solutions to urban living, making alternative urban planning and vertical cities an emerging market for real estate developers.
3. Urban Planning - Alternative urban planning, such as the ‘City in the Sky’ project, can provide insight and inspiration for urban planners to develop sustainable and innovative solutions for cities facing overpopulation and other challenges.