Banza, an expert in making chickpea pasta products, is now offering consumers a taste of something new with its Chickpea Rice. As compared to brown rice, this better-for-you rice alternative packs three times the protein, double the fiber and 30% fewer net carbs. Additionally, the chickpea-based rice alternative contains fewer carbs than other grains like quinoa.
The naturally gluten-free rice is shelf-stable and quick to prepare at home. Banza's Chickpea Rice is currently being introduced in Chickpea and Tricolor Legume varieties, with the latter consisting of a a mix of chickpeas, red lentils and green pea rice.
When it comes to preparing the Chickpea Rice, the process is a familiar one that involves bringing water to boil over the stovetop and allowing the product to cook for six to eight minutes.
Banza's Chickpea Rice is High in Protein with Fewer Carbs Than Grains
1. High-protein Rice Alternatives - Creating rice alternatives that are high in protein presents disruptive innovation opportunities in the market, catering to health-conscious consumers looking for nutritious and versatile options.
2. Low-carb Grain Alternatives - Developing grain alternatives with lower net carbs than traditional grains like quinoa opens up disruptive innovation opportunities for companies striving to meet the demands of consumers following low-carb lifestyles.
3. Quick and Shelf-stable Rice Alternatives - Producing quick and shelf-stable rice alternatives that are easy to prepare appeals to busy individuals seeking convenient meal options without compromising on nutrition, creating disruptive innovation opportunities in the industry.
1. Alternative Food Products - The alternative food products industry can explore disruptive innovation opportunities by developing and marketing high-protein and low-carb rice alternatives that cater to changing dietary preferences.
2. Health Food and Wellness - The health food and wellness industry can capitalize on disruptive innovation opportunities by incorporating high-protein rice alternatives into their product offerings, providing consumers with nutritious and satisfying options.
3. Microwavable and Convenience Foods - The microwavable and convenience foods industry can seize disruptive innovation opportunities by introducing quick and shelf-stable rice alternatives that meet the demands of time-strapped individuals seeking convenient yet healthy meal solutions.