Hi-Chew, the fruity and chewy candy from Japan, was introduced to the US a decade ago and has since become a favorite treat. Now, the brand is being introduced to the UK with a fun and fresh visual language that specifically speaks to Gen Z. Inspired by Japanese TV graphics and street signage, the brand is introducing itself to a new audience with colorful, sharp imagery that's equal parts punchy and playful.
The simple, blocky style of the text communicates the soft and stretchy texture of Hi-Chew, along with its distinctive shape. The versatile shape of the chews also comes into play with other elements, as it can be easily translated into everything from bold patterns and stickers to GIFs that are easily shared across social media.
Image Credit: Hi-Chew
Hi-Chew is Bringing Its Chewy Candy to the UK with a Gen Z Campaign
1. Gen Z-focused Advertising - Brands can cater to Gen Z through visually appealing and playful ad campaigns that incorporate elements from popular culture.
2. Cultural Branding - Brands can differentiate themselves and appeal to new markets by incorporating cultural elements, such as Japanese graphics and street signage.
3. Social Media Promotion - Brands can leverage the versatile elements of their products to create shareable content on social media platforms.
1. Confectionery Industry - Candy brands can attract new demographics with unique and culturally relevant product offerings and advertising campaigns.
2. Advertising Industry - Agencies can offer services that cater to Gen Z and focus on incorporating popular culture and visual aesthetics in their campaigns.
3. Social Media Marketing Industry - Agencies and brands can work together to create engaging and sharable content that showcases a product's versatility and unique qualities.