The McDonald's Cheers to Sochi website is set up so that fans can send encouraging messages to the athletes who will be participating in the upcoming 2014 Winter Games. Several athletes like US speed skater Shani Davis has emphasized how much the support means, saying: "The encouragement from fans serves as significant motivation for me and my fellow athletes as we compete for gold in Sochi."
To participate in the interactive social media campaign, people can either visit cheerstosochi.com to cheer on an athlete or team, or just send out a tweet using #CheersToSochi. Messages from fans will be displayed at the Athletes’ Village and Olympians can even print out these messages as ribbons to wear around their wrists.
McDonald's Cheers to Sochi Site Connects Fans and Olympians
1. Social Media Encouragement - Opportunity for social media platforms to create more interactive and engaging campaigns that encourage fans to support their favorite athletes.
2. Interactive Fan Engagement - Opportunity for brands to create interactive advertising campaigns that involve fans and allow them to show support for a particular campaign.
3. Athlete-centered Campaigns - Opportunity for brands to create campaigns that highlight and focus on the athletes and their achievements rather than the product being advertised.
1. Sports Industry - Opportunity for sports companies to incorporate interactive encouragement campaigns geared towards fans and athletes.
2. Food and Beverage Industry - Opportunity for food and beverage companies to create interactive campaigns targeted towards audiences across various events and occasions.
3. Social Media Industry - Opportunity for social media companies to create interactive campaigns targeted towards both athletes and their fans.