A day at "the baths" is given new and playful meaning with this installation called Chamarande-les-Bains. Bruit de Frigo worked to turn an old stately fountain behind a palace into a publicly accessible water feature and place of leisure.
Located in France at the Domaine de Chamarande between February and the end of September 2013, this project was built along the edge of an existing pool as a multi-tiered timber structure. The deck's levels were serviced by several sets of steps and more than 20 ordinary whitewashed bathtubs were embedded within the wood. Some were filled with water of varying temperatures and others were left empty. Visitors to the Chamarande-les-Bains were invited to lounge around on cushions in the dry tubs and take refreshing dips in the full soakers this summer.
Chamarande-les-Bains is an Interactive Installation of Many Public Tubs
1. Communal Leisure Spaces - Design and create communal leisure spaces that encourage public interaction and rejuvenation.
2. Multi-purpose Installations - Explore the potential for multi-functional outdoor installations that serve as leisure spaces for the public.
3. Interactive Water Features - Combine elements of playfulness and functionality in interactive water features that appeal to visitors of all ages.
1. Hospitality - Hospitality companies can consider adding communal outdoor bathrooms to their facilities to enhance customer experiences.
2. City Planning and Development - City planners and developers can incorporate communal leisure spaces as part of the city's infrastructure to foster community engagement.
3. Architecture and Design - Architects and designers can explore the potential for interactive water features and multi-purpose installations to create unique outdoor experiences for people.