Famed music producer, DJ and gamer Deadmau5 competed it a celebrity gaming tournament to win $20,000 for Extra Life, a charitable organization that raises funds in support of the Children's Miracle Network. The funds raised by the non-profit go towards children's hospitals, medical research, and community awareness initiatives.
To raise the $20,000, Deadmau5 competed in a -Battle Royale'-inspired game dubbed 'PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds.' The online multiplayer game is developed and published by PUBG Corporation. Throughout the game, players explore an island, where they have to scavenge to find the equipment and weapons they'll need to destroy their opponents. As players get eliminated, the map and the associated "safe areas" decrease in size, making it more difficult to avoid conflict. The winner is the last player standing.
Image Credit: DJMag.com
Deadmau5 Won $20,000 in an Online 'Battle Royale' Game
1. Charitable Celebrity Gaming - Celebrity gaming tournaments for charity are a growing trend that brings together popular public figures, gaming, and fundraising for a good cause.
2. Online Multiplayer Gaming for Charity - Online multiplayer gaming tournaments that raise money for charitable organizations, create awareness and show how gaming can have a positive impact.
3. Battle Royale-inspired Games - Games that use the popular battle royale gameplay for entertainment and fundraising purposes with celebrities and other participants.
1. Gaming - Charitable gaming tournaments are an innovation opportunity for gaming companies, game developers, and game streamers to leverage their platforms for raising money and social impact.
2. Non-profit/charity - Collaborating with popular public figures on gaming tournaments can help nonprofits and charities raise funds, target new audiences and achieve their social impact goals.
3. Entertainment - Charity gaming tournaments with celebrities create new opportunities for marketers, event organizers, and media companies to promote their brand, entertain audiences and contribute to charitable causes.