The latest ad from one of the world's most successful rum companies is entitled the Captain Morgan 'Life, Love and Loot,' which features a re-imagining of the respected brand's ad campaign, with the help of Oscar-award winning director Tom Hooper.
The English-born and based Hooper won an Oscar in the 2011 ceremonies for his work on the King's Speech. His Captain Morgan 'Life, Loot and Love' campaign is a short film that takes place in 1661 and shows Captain Henry Morgan's ship coming into contact with an enemy ship.
As the two crews begin to set up for battle, Henry Morgan comes out and causes a dramatic ceasefire like only a captain can. Check out the video to see what I'm talking about.
The Captain Morgan 'Life, Love and Loot' Campaign Features War
1. Historical Reimagining Ads - Utilizing acclaimed directors to create short films to tell stories set in the past.
2. Celebrity-directed Ads - Utilizing Oscar-winning directors to create advertisement campaigns.
3. Creative Storytelling Campaigns - Producing advertisements that tell compelling stories to promote products or brands.
1. Alcohol - Alcohol companies can partner with renowned directors to produce creative and story-driven campaigns focused on their products.
2. Advertising - Advertising agencies can collaborate with celebrity directors to create unique ad campaigns for their clients.
3. Film - Film industry can participate by working on advertisement campaigns and expanding their portfolio by directing ads.