The 'Power Unlocked' marketing campaign for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is one that lets fans connect to the game through a console, computer or mobile device in order to earn points through engagement, gameplay and social sharing. These points can then be traded for in-game mutiplayer options, weapons, equipment as well as additional information on character backstories.
One of the most interesting parts of the campaign goes by the name Mission Zero and takes place on Instagram. To engage in "gameplay," Instagram users are challenged to interact with the social media news feed in order to aid the Alpha Team. This is a great way to tease the release of the game and draw fans to the main Call of Duty Instagram account.
The Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Campaign Features an Instagram Mission
1. Playable Social Accounts - Creating interactive experiences on social media platforms to engage users and promote a product or service.
2. In-game Rewards for Social Engagement - Rewarding players with in-game benefits for actively participating in social media activities related to the game.
3. Teasing Release Through Social Media - Using social media platforms to generate buzz and anticipation for the launch of a new product.
1. Video Game Marketing - Implementing interactive social media campaigns to engage gamers and promote new game releases.
2. Social Media Advertising - Using gamification and rewards on social media platforms to encourage user engagement and promote brands or products.
3. Entertainment Industry - Leveraging social media platforms to create immersive and interactive experiences that promote films, TV shows, and other forms of entertainment.