The icy cool structure called the Calabar International Conference Center will have crystallized in Nigeria by 2013. Designed by Henning Larsen Architects, this project of epic proportions will serve as a cultural hub for the Cross River State, offering a spectacular view on and into the landscape.
Formed of irregular cubic masses arranged to unite and separate the various inner activities, the Calabar International Conference Center will house an amphitheater, an exhibition hall, a gallery and much more.
Calabar International Conference Center Merges Parts Into a Whole
1. Crystallized Structures - The use of irregular cubic masses in architecture presents opportunities for unique and visually striking building designs.
2. Cultural Hubs - The incorporation of multiple cultural activities into a single space creates opportunities for cross-pollination of ideas and experiences.
3. Spectacular Views - Designing buildings that offer breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape enhances the overall experience for visitors and can attract more attention to the location.
1. Architecture - Architectural firms can capitalize on the trend of crystallized structures by offering innovative designs that stand out and attract clients seeking visually striking buildings.
2. Event Planning - The concept of cultural hubs presents opportunities for event planners to create unique and memorable experiences by hosting a variety of cultural activities within a single venue.
3. Tourism and Hospitality - Developing tourist destinations with buildings that provide spectacular views can attract more visitors and enhance the overall tourism experience in a particular location.