Microsoft announced a new world for 'Minecraft: Education Edition' titled 'BuildAbility.' This world will be the first educational world centered around accessibility and inclusivity in the educational section of Minecraft. Microsoft worked with the Peel District School Board (PDSB) in Ontario to create this world. According to Microsoft and the PDSB, BuildAbility will help students work collaboratively to eliminate accessibility barriers in their schools and communities.
The BuildAbility world has several local references to the PDSB area, such as libraries and shopping malls, however, the experiences are not only applicable to PDSB residents. Staff at the PDSB worked with Microsoft to provide insights on barriers that students face both in schools and in their day-to-day lives. After taking this information into account, BuildAbility was designed to communicate experiences and methods to help these experiences to students quickly and effectively.
Image Credit: Microsoft
Microsoft Announced 'BuildAbility' for MinecraftEdu
1. Inclusive Gamified Education - Gamified education that fosters an inclusive culture to drive engagement for special needs students.
2. Accessible Education Worlds - Creating educational worlds to foster an inclusive and accessible culture for people with disabilities.
3. Innovative Collaborative Learning - Gamified learning experiences that encourage collaboration, problem-solving, and accessibility in the educational setting.
1. Gaming Industry - The gaming industry can benefit from creating more inclusive and accessible gaming experiences for all players.
2. Education Industry - The education industry can benefit from incorporating gamified learning experiences that are accessible and inclusive for all students.
3. Technology Industry - The technology industry can benefit from developing innovative learning products that prioritize accessibility and inclusive features.