Virgil Abloh builds a brutalist furniture collection that extends itself to the urban landscape. Consisting of a total of 20 pieces, the range is curated by the well-known fashion designer for Parisian studio Galerie Kreo. This is not a first for the creative as he has had collaborations with mega-brands like IKEA.
The silhouettes are quite extensive and one can find anything from coffee tables and seats to vases and mirrors. Virgil Abloh has titled this brutalist furniture collection 'Efflorescence,' perhaps in references to the very specific choice of spray paint he has employed throughout. While the graffiti is surely a nod to underground youth and street culture movements, Abloh sought out to suspend this brutalist furniture collection "somewhere between sculpture and useful object."
Image Credit: Dezeen
Virgil Abloh Boasts Brutalist Furniture for Galerie Kreo
1. Brutalist Furniture Collection - The trend of creating brutalist-inspired furniture collections provides opportunities for designers to merge functionality with artistic expression.
2. Collaborations with Fashion Designers - The trend of fashion designers collaborating with furniture studios opens up possibilities for innovative designs that bridge the gap between fashion and furniture.
3. Incorporating Spray Paint in Furniture Design - The trend of incorporating spray paint in furniture design allows for unique and expressive creations that blend street culture influences with functional pieces.
1. Furniture Design - The furniture design industry can explore disruptive innovation opportunities by embracing brutalist aesthetics and experimenting with unconventional materials and techniques.
2. Fashion - The fashion industry can collaborate with furniture studios to create hybrid designs that push boundaries and merge fashion and furniture into innovative and unique pieces.
3. Art - The art industry can explore the intersection of street art and furniture design, opening up new avenues for artists to create functional art pieces that challenge traditional boundaries.