This past summer, Papa John's gave its classic Cheesesticks a gourmet upgrade with the introduction of its Bruschetta Cheesesticks. The appetizer not only catered to the demand for shareable dishes, but also to the growing interest in more high-end ingredients from fast food restaurants.
The Bruschetta Cheesesticks were introduced last summer to give consumers a more flavorful alternative to the chain's original Cheesesticks. The new version consisted of the chain's hand-tossed pizza dough topped with mozzarella cheese, bail pesto sauce and fresh-cut Roma tomatoes. The dish was then cut into sticks for easy sharing and served with a side of pizza sauce for dipping.
The idea behind the appetizer was to elevate some of Papa John's existing dishes to appeal to changing consumer preferences. As Papa John's chief marketing officer Bob Kraut explains, "We remixed centuries-old recipes with Papa John's signature better ingredients, including fan favorites like our basil pesto sauce and thin crust."
Papa John’s Bruschetta Cheesesticks Elevate a Popular Appetizer
1. Gourmet Fast Food - Opportunities for fast food restaurants to cater to changing consumer preferences by offering high-end ingredients and elevated versions of classic dishes.
2. Shareable Appetizers - Demand for shareable dishes creating opportunities for restaurants to introduce appetizers that can be easily shared among groups of friends or family.
3. Flavorful Alternatives - Growing interest in more flavorful alternatives to classic dishes providing opportunities for restaurants to introduce updated versions of their menu items.
1. Fast Food - Fast food industry has the opportunity to cater to changing consumer preferences by incorporating high-end ingredients and elevating classic dishes.
2. Casual Dining - Casual dining industry can capitalize on the growing demand for shareable dishes by introducing new appetizers that can be easily shared among groups of friends or family.
3. Food and Beverage - Food and beverage industry can take advantage of the trend towards more flavorful alternatives to classic dishes by introducing updated versions of their products.