Although breaking a mirror (apparently) entails seven years bad luck, I wonder if that would change if that shattered glass looked anything like the Broken Mirror Lighting. If the cracks and crevices formed a beautiful work of art, wouldn’t that fall more in the good luck category instead?
Designed by Hye-Yeon Kim, the Broken Mirror Lighting provides ‘destroyed’ mirrors with a second chance (although I’m not sure how practical it would be to have anything broken laying around the house).
Broken Mirror Lighting Gets a Second Home Decor Chance
1. Upcycled Decor - Creating new and beautiful pieces from broken or discarded materials to reduce waste and promote sustainability.
2. Artistic Recycling - Transforming broken objects into stunning artwork, blurring the line between function and aesthetic appeal.
3. Reimagined Mirror Design - Breaking away from traditional mirror aesthetics and embracing the unique beauty of shattered glass.
1. Home Decor - Opportunities to introduce eco-friendly and artistic home decor pieces that utilize upcycled and unconventional materials.
2. Art and Design - Exploring new ways to incorporate broken or discarded objects into art and design, embracing imperfections and uniqueness.
3. Lighting - Innovative lighting design using shattered glass or unconventional materials to create visually striking and unique lighting fixtures.