The Sewer to Brewer beer might be one of the most innovative examples of transforming waste into a commodity product thanks to the University of Ghent that has found a way to transform urine into beer. The process is credited to solar energy that is able to separate the properties of the urine and extract the water that is then repurposed into beer.
While unusual, the Sewer to Brewer beer provides a way that human extract can be repurposed. The team at the University of Ghent put together a boiler system powered by the sun that is able to break down the urine and extract the water. The water is purified so that it is drinkable again, and then converted into beer.
The beer was served at a local music festival.
The Sewer to Brewer Beer is Made Using Pee and Solar Energy
1. Sewer to Brewer - The trend of transforming waste products such as urine into beverage products such as beer.
2. Solar-powered Brewing - The trend of using solar power for the production of beer and other beverage products.
3. Circular Economy Solutions - The trend of using innovative technology to create circular economy solutions that turn waste into valuable commodities.
1. Beverage Industry - The beverage industry can harness the trend by exploring the use of new, innovative ingredients in beverage production, such as repurposed urine.
2. Renewable Energy Industry - The renewable energy industry can explore applications of solar energy for waste processing and repurposing, such as with the Sewer to Brewer beer production process.
3. Sustainable Solutions Industry - The sustainable solutions industry can explore opportunities to utilize waste products as valuable commodities through innovative technologies that reduce waste and encourage circular economy practices.