The first meal of the day has long been considered the most important. Food blogs and cooking channels have updated the morning menu, releasing imaginative takes on classic pancake and waffle trays. Rising health concerns have placed a nutritional emphasis upon the bulk of these takes, frequently replacing the bacon, eggs and home fries combo with lighter options. The Breakfast Trend Report surveys this proliferation of brunch time ventures, clad with over 500 edible launches and 60 PRO Trends.
Carb-oriented breakfast foods have become a restaurant staple, consistently increasing sales and consumer interest. Diner frequenters are not necessarily looking to indulge in rich foods, but are rather interested in being fuller for longer, often the result of well-balanced plates. These demands for nourishment have placed new expectations upon chefs and cafes, the bulk of which are addressed in the Breakfast Trend Report.
Address New Demands for Morning Nourishment
1. Health-oriented Breakfasts - With rising health concerns, there is an opportunity for innovative chefs and food companies to create nutritious breakfast options that cater to health-conscious consumers.
2. Creative Pancake and Waffle Trends - Food bloggers and cooking channels are taking classic breakfast dishes and infusing them with a modern and imaginative twist, creating diverse and exciting options for consumers.
3. Lighter Breakfast Options - Replacing traditional heavy breakfast dishes with lighter options provides an opportunity to cater to consumers who are interested in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
1. Hospitality Industry - As consumers increasingly demand healthy and creative breakfast options, there is an opportunity for the hospitality industry to adapt and innovate to cater to these preferences.
2. Food and Beverage Industry - Entrepreneurs can take advantage of the trend towards nutritious and diverse breakfast options and develop new products that cater to this growing demand.
3. Health and Well-being Industry - As people place more emphasis on maintaining a healthy lifestyle, offering lighter and nutrition-focused breakfast options presents an opportunity for companies operating in the health and wellness industry.