7-Eleven recently added two new Breakfast Melts to its morning menu. For many busy consumers, eating on the go is a daily ritual. These new sandwiches provide a quick and simple option for squeezing in breakfast on the run.
The new breakfast melts from 7-Eleven consist of a premium version of the convenience store's standard breakfast fare. There are two new breakfast sandwiches available: the Bacon, Egg & Cheese and the Sausage, Bacon & Cheese. The former consists of hickory-smoked bacon, egg and aged cheddar cheese. The later includes maple-flavored sausage, hickory-smoked bacon and aged cheddar cheese. Both are served on artisan ciabatta bread instead of a traditional biscuit or English muffin.
The new menu addition demonstrates that many brands are upgrading their breakfast fare in order to capture a greater number of consumers who are eating on the go.
The Breakfast Melts from 7-Eleven Cater to Busy Consumers
1. Upgraded Breakfast Fare - The trend of upgrading breakfast fare to cater to busy consumers presents opportunities for brands to capture a larger market share.
2. Convenience Store Breakfast Options - The demand for convenient breakfast options is driving the development of breakfast sandwiches at convenience stores, creating opportunities for innovation in this industry.
3. Quick and Simple On-the-go Meals - The trend of providing quick and simple on-the-go meals, such as breakfast melts, highlights the potential for disruptive innovations that cater to busy consumers' need for convenience.
1. Food and Beverage - The food and beverage industry can capitalize on the trend of upgrading breakfast fare by developing innovative products and expanding their breakfast menu offerings.
2. Convenience Stores - Convenience stores have the opportunity to disrupt the breakfast industry by offering a variety of quick and convenient breakfast options, such as breakfast melts.
3. Bakery and Bread Products - The bakery and bread products industry can leverage the trend of using artisan ciabatta bread in breakfast sandwiches, creating opportunities for new product development and partnerships with convenience store chains.