Helping to provide a much-needed brand refresh, the new Cheque Gum packaging focuses on bold fonts and a splattered effect to help entice new and existing chewers. Despite Cheque Gum being a classic brand, the company was looking to introduce new flavors and subsequently viewed it as being the perfect time for a brand refresh.
Buying power in the consumer packaged goods market is shifting away from older segments and Millennials to younger demographics like Generation Z. These consumers are looking for products that are more innovative and fresh that are more in-line with their perceived lifestyle. We could continue to observe similar rebrandings in the near future within the confectionary category as a result.
The Cheque Gum packaging and rebrand is the work of United Kingdom-based Design Happy.
The Cheque Gum Brand Refresh Updates a Classic Product
1. Refreshed Branding - Refreshing classic brands with bold fonts and new packaging can entice new and younger consumers who are looking for more innovative products.
2. Appealing to Gen Z - Shifting buying power towards Gen Z consumers calls for more innovative and fresh products that are in-line with their perceived lifestyle.
3. Rebranding in Confectionary - Similar rebrandings in the near future within the confectionary category may occur as companies aim to target younger demographics.
1. Consumer Packaged Goods - As buying power shifts towards younger demographics, CPG companies may consider refreshing their brand and offering more innovative products.
2. Confectionery - The confectionery industry may benefit from rebranding and offering more innovative and fresh products to appeal to Gen Z consumers who are looking for lifestyle-driven choices.
3. Design and Branding - As companies look to refresh their brand and appeal to younger demographics, the design and branding industry can offer disruptive innovation opportunities through bold fonts, colorful packaging and unique designs.