Smartphones have become an engrained part of our everyday lifestyles but leave much work to be done in the way of accessibility, which is exactly what the 'Hable One' Braille keypad aims to help with. Developed by Hable Accessibility, the keyboard device works by being paired with a smartphone and will immediately go to work offering those with visual impairments with a way to type. This is achieved thanks to eight keys on the rear that can be used to type out virtually all characters that might be required instead of having users rely solely on voice-to-text functionality.
The 'Hable One' Braille keypad boasts a wireless design that could be seamlessly paired with a device to transform the user interface of the smartphone.
The 'Hable One' Braille Keypad Makes Device Use More Accessible
1. Accessible Smartphone Technology - The Hable One Braille keypad is an example of how smartphones are being made more accessible to users with visual impairments.
2. Braille Input Devices - The Hable One Braille keypad shows potential for the development of more braille input devices for smartphones and other technologies.
3. Inclusive Design - The Hable One Braille keypad highlights the importance of inclusive design in the development of technology products.
1. Smartphone Manufacturing - Smartphone manufacturers can explore opportunities to make their devices more accessible through the development of similar technologies as the Hable One Braille keypad.
2. Assistive Technology - The Hable One Braille keypad could be integrated into the assistive technology market, which could help improve the daily lives of people with visual impairments.
3. Accessibility Consulting - Consulting companies could help organizations to develop more inclusive technologies, such as the Hable One Braille keypad, to ensure access for all users.