If you are an extremely cruel parent and have $1,400 to spare to scare your child, then the Boogie Man Rug was made for you.
Although the creatures on the Boogie Man Rug are cartoons, they will still surely have your child having nightmares every night.
Thank god the rug doesn’t make creepy sounds at night as well!
Implications - Companies are looking to change up the "scary monster under the bed" concept and are transforming it into something that could appeal to children as opposed to scare them. This alteration can lead to many different originally frightening products to actually become liked and yearned for by kids, causing children to request these pieces and not steer clear of them.
The Boogie Man Rug is the Luxurious Way to Induce Nightmares
1. Kid-friendly Horror - Creating scary products that appeal to children, allowing for new opportunities in the horror industry
2. Reinvented Fears - Transforming traditionally terrifying concepts into desirable products for children, leading to innovation opportunities
3. Scare Marketing - Using fear as a marketing tool to appeal to children, creating new trends in advertising and branding
1. Toy - Toy manufacturers can create a new market for horror-themed products that appeal to children through reinventing traditionally scary concepts
2. Home Decor - Home decor companies can release horror-themed products that are both stylish and scary, appealing to adults who enjoy horror and children who want to experience it in a less intrusive way
3. Advertising/marketing - Marketing and advertising companies can use fear-based marketing tactics to appeal to children and parents, creating a new trend in promotional strategies