'Body Works' by Vlad Golosiy is a digital photo manipulation that sheds light on the hard work that editorial beauty takes by comparing a model's face to a construction site. Using an image of a model applying mascara, Golosiy mixed in painters atop scaffolding, lawnmower-wielding landscapers, a foreman looking at plans, and an army of heavy-duty construction vehicles.
The finished image is a cheeky look at fashion photography as a whole, and all of the faces behind a single editorial shot. See close-ups from 'Body Works' by Vlad Golosiy above.
'Body Works' by Vlad Golosiy Shows Beauty is Hard Work
1. Digital Art Manipulation - The trend of digitally manipulating art to convey unique messages and perspectives opens up opportunities for disruptive innovation in the field of visual storytelling.
2. Comparative Visualizations - The trend of using juxtaposition or comparisons in visualizations creates opportunities for disruptive innovation in advertising and marketing, as well as in art and design disciplines.
3. Cheeky Fashion Commentary - The trend of using humor and satire to comment on the fashion industry presents disruptive innovation opportunities in fashion marketing and content creation.
1. Visual Arts - The visual arts industry can take advantage of the trend of digital art manipulation by exploring new techniques and pushing the boundaries of visual storytelling.
2. Advertising and Marketing - The advertising and marketing industry can leverage the trend of comparative visualizations to create impactful campaigns that resonate with audiences and drive engagement.
3. Fashion - The fashion industry can embrace the trend of cheeky fashion commentary to foster new and unique approaches to marketing, brand positioning, and content creation.