La Bodega del Barrio is a Mexican-themed cafe specializing in artisanal churro desserts. The cafe is located in the heart of Chicago and offers its bold sweets in a convenience store-themed space.
The elegant cafe was opened by Top Chef alumni Fabio Viviani and Katsuji Tanabe who joined forces to create a space catering to the Millennial consumer. This cafe is the ideal spot for those seeking high quality coffee and sweets that are worth breaking their diet over.
Featuring a menu of artisan coffees and churros in flavors like red velvet, Nutella and Fruity Pebbles, La Bodega del Barrio is a gourmet cafe with a casual flair. The Chicago cafe is also home to a taco menu for those seeking savory fare and boasts bodega-themed decor with some Instagram-friendly details like retro fixtures, and a slogan on its tiled floor reading "this must be the place."
Image Credit: La Bodega Del Barrio, Nick Fochtman
La Bodega del Barrio Mimics an Urban Convenience Store
1. Artisan Churro Desserts - Opportunity for innovative twists on traditional churro recipes and unique flavor combinations.
2. Cafe Convenience Store Theme - Disruptive opportunity to create cafe experiences that mimic the charm and familiarity of a convenience store.
3. Gourmet Coffee and Sweets - Potential for upscale cafes that specialize in high-quality coffee and indulgent desserts.
1. Cafe Industry - Artisan churro cafes can tap into the growing demand for unique coffee experiences and gourmet desserts.
2. Hospitality Industry - Opportunity for hotels and resorts to incorporate artisan churro cafes as a unique amenity for guests.
3. Food Retail Industry - Innovative churro cafes with a convenient store-themed experience can disrupt the traditional bakery and dessert market.