Domenack Arquitectos designed the 'BK House,' a two-storey family residence located in Lima, Peru.
Privacy is paramount for this home, which is oriented on a north-south axis to avoid visual contact with the neighboring houses. Instead, the house optimizes views of the natural landscape. The house is arranged around both the natural and artificial outdoor features, such as the pool, garden and patio. Translucent aspects help integrate the interior and exterior spaces accordingly. The exterior also features a laminated wood roof supported by steel and concrete beams. Most importantly, the roof acts as an harmonizing agent for the home's design and composition.
The lower level of the home functions as the social area, and interacts with the outdoor spaces to create a dynamic and multi-functional home.
The BK House Integrates Indoor and Outdoor Spaces
1. Integrated Indoor-outdoor Living - Creating seamless transitions between indoor and outdoor spaces to enhance the overall living experience.
2. Privacy-focused Design - Developing architectural solutions that prioritize privacy while still maximizing natural views and light.
3. Translucent Architecture - Using materials such as glass or translucent elements to blur the boundaries between interior and exterior spaces.
1. Architecture and Design - Exploring innovative ways to integrate indoor and outdoor spaces in residential and commercial buildings.
2. Landscaping and Outdoor Living - Creating functional and visually appealing outdoor spaces that complement the surrounding natural landscape.
3. Construction and Building Materials - Developing materials that offer privacy, durability, and seamless integration between indoor and outdoor environments.