There's nothing better than getting birthday wishes when you turn a year older, but this year Gary Hamilton got a few more wishes than he was expecting. Ahead of his birthday, Hamilton's wife Jenn set up posters around New York City, asking Twitter and Instagram users to send him well-wishes.
Jenn is not a user of social media herself, which is probably a part of what made orchestrating this project such a successful surprise. Amazingly, there were a ton of people who were willing to take a moment out of their busy days to send a nice message to Hamiton, who describes that he was "Overwhelmed... but in the most awesome and flattering way" by the gesture.
A Wife Asked NYC Strangers to Send Her Husband Birthday Wishes on Twitter
1. Social Celebration Projects - The rise of social media has created an avenue for coordinated celebratory efforts, like birthday wishes, to be organized and executed on a global scale.
2. Community-driven Celebrations - Individuals can harness the power of social media to mobilize strangers to participate in celebrating important milestones for their loved ones.
3. Surprise Social Campaigns - Innovative social media campaigns that leverage the element of surprise to generate buzz and engagement among digital audiences.
1. Social Media - Companies in the social media industry can create specialized tools and campaigns to allow users to organize and coordinate celebratory events for loved ones on their platforms.
2. Event Planning - The event planning industry can work with individuals to create surprise events for loved ones using social media to solicit participation by strangers.
3. Gift and Card Industry - Businesses in the gift and card industry can partner with social media platforms to create customizable greeting cards, gift packages, and celebratory experiences for people organizing social celebrations on these platforms.