Bodo Sperlein, the London-based creative director for German tech brand Loewe, has created the Bild 9 television to, as he puts it, "de-geezer the TV." Embracing modern technological necessities while putting them in line with concepts and aesthetics from Bauhaus and art deco, the TV is designed to be the focal point of any room rather than an extraneous accouterments.
Technically speaking, the Bild 9 is a flat-screen OLED monitor with a profile of just 7 millimeters, making it thinner than most peoples' smartphones. The OLED system also has a nearly instant response time, moving from pure darkness to a dazzling screen in less than a microsecond.
Tech aside, what really separates the Bild 9 from other TVs is its sculptural design. It comes with a art deco- and Bauhaus-inspired hand-forged steel frame that can stand in the middle of a room or mount on a wall.
Bodo Sperlein's Bild 9 Television was Designed for German Tech Brand Loewe
1. Art Deco-inspired Televisions - Opportunity to disrupt the television industry by combining modern technology with art deco aesthetics.
2. Sculptural Television Design - Opportunity to create unique and visually striking television designs that serve as a focal point in a room.
3. Ultra-thin OLED Monitors - Opportunity to revolutionize the monitor industry with thinner screens that still provide exceptional image quality.
1. Consumer Electronics - Opportunity for consumer electronics companies to innovate and offer visually appealing TVs with modern technologies.
2. Interior Design - Opportunity for interior design companies to integrate televisions as sculptural elements in their design concepts.
3. Display Technology - Opportunity for display technology companies to develop ultra-thin OLED monitors with fast response times for various applications.