With foldable screen concepts beginning to permeate the technological sphere, Canadian designer Jean-Michel Rochette released his clever 2-in-1 TV concept: the Signal foldable television. The design concept aims to decentralize the dominance of the television within interiors by reducing its garish silhouette into a compact, contemporary casing covered in textured blue fabric. Through the attractive casing, the Signal foldable television works as a lamp and Bluetooth speaker when folded up into its book-like shape.
When needed, the Signal foldable television effortlessly expands outward, making the display accessible to watchers. The flexible OLED technology allows the television to fold without damaging the display or warping the quality. The Signal foldable television made the top five of Dezeen and LG Display's OLEDs Go! competition which is centered on design innovations surrounding the versatile features of OLED technology.
Image Credit: Dezeen
The Signal Foldable Television Folds Up into a Stylish Lamp
1. Foldable Screen Technology - The rise of foldable screen technology presents opportunities for designers to create innovative and versatile products like the Signal foldable television.
2. Multi-functional Home Technology - As consumers continue to prioritize space-saving designs, the trend towards multi-functional home technology, like the Signal foldable television which doubles as a lamp and Bluetooth speaker, offers disruptive innovation possibilities in the market.
3. Decentralizing Television Design - Designers can take inspiration from the Signal foldable television's compact, contemporary casing covered in textured blue fabric to create a new market of television designs that prioritize a sleek look over a dominant presence in the home.
1. Tech - The tech industry can look to the Signal foldable television as an opportunity to explore innovative and space-saving designs in both televisions and other multi-functional home technology.
2. Interior Design - Interior designers can incorporate the Signal foldable television's compact and stylish design into diverse living spaces to fulfill their clients need for minimalistic seamless designs.
3. Furniture - Furniture manufacturers can explore opportunities to create multi-functional pieces that combine lighting, sound and visual displays, such as the Signal foldable television, catered to space-conscious customers.