As part of a bicycle-friendly initiative in Zurich, seating that allows bicyles to drive right up and take advantage of stationary seating is available at Rathaus Café.
This effort is an ingenious way to capitalize on the push for a bicycle-friendly city. The timely move will encourage cyclists to come eat at the restaurant, which I'm sure is not such a niche market anymore. Cycling is something that is increasing in popularity among urban communities and it is wise for businesses to accommodate for this.
The only potential problem that can be identified from this concept is that biker's may want a break from sitting on their bicycle, especially if they have traveled great distances. It's still a very smart design, nonetheless.
Rathaus Café's Patio Seating Does Not Require Chairs
1. Bicycle-friendly Seating - Incorporating seating that allows bicycles to drive right up and take advantage of stationary seating.
2. Cycling-focused Initiatives - Implementing innovative solutions that cater to the increasing popularity of cycling among urban communities.
3. Bike-inclusive Hospitality - Making hospitality establishments more accessible and accommodating for bicyclists.
1. Restaurant and Food Service - Opportunities for restaurants to attract more cyclists by offering bicycle-friendly seating options.
2. Urban Planning and Development - The inclusion of cycling-focused infrastructure and amenities to foster bicycle-friendly cities.
3. Hospitality and Tourism - Providing bicycle-friendly accommodations and experiences for travelers and tourists.