With the recently released LEGO movie being an incredible success both financially and critically, Yahoo Movies created "LEGO-fied" movie posters of the 2014 Academy's Best Picture nominees.
Made by artist Old Red Jalopy, these 2014 Academy movie posters are incredibly funny and creative. By giving the posters of these (mostly) dramatic films a LEGO twist, Old Red Jalopy imbues these Best Picture nominees with the LEGO spirit, which undercuts a lot of the emotional heaviness that some of these movies have and makes them accessible to a wider audience.
Hopefully these LEGO posters of the Academy's Best Picture nominees will help to bring some the lesser-known films like Her, Nebraska, and Dallas Buyers Club into the public consciousness, who will then hopefully see them, especially Her which is fantastic.
The Academy's Best Picture Nominees are Given a LEGO Makeover
1. LEGO Movie Poster - Creating LEGO-fied movie posters for popular films can attract a wider audience and add a fun twist to traditional marketing.
2. Emotional Undercutting - Infusing emotional films with a humorous or light-hearted element, such as the use of LEGO, can make them more relatable and appealing to a wider audience.
3. Artistic Mash-up - Combining different artistic styles, such as LEGO and movie posters, can result in unique and eye-catching creations.
1. Film Marketing - Using innovative techniques, like creating LEGO movie posters, can help promote films and generate buzz.
2. Toy Manufacturing - Collaborating with popular movies to create LEGO-fied versions of movie posters can lead to new and exciting toy collaborations.
3. Art and Design - Merging different art forms, such as movie posters and LEGO, can inspire new artistic expressions and ideas.