Beijing might not be known as a winter wonderland, but American architect Andrew Bromberg is bringing some snowy excitement to the Beijing Civic Center with a creative design. The shopping complex's roof and exterior levels will be accessible to shoppers, and one section of the roof is designed to slope upwards. During the summer, this slope will simply serve as a nice place to rest and enjoy a view of the city, but during the winter the Beijing Civic Center will cover it with snow to provide a makeshift sledding path.
Currently, the Beijing Civic Center is under construction. Once built, the exterior of the building will having a pathway that loops around its perimeter, leading gradually upward to the steep sledding slope at the pinnacle.
A Sledding Path will Loop Around the Roof of the Beijing Civic Center
1. Architectural Sledding Paths - Innovative designs that incorporate sledding paths into buildings for seasonal entertainment.
2. Seasonal Building Transformations - Creative architecture that adapts to changes in weather, turning buildings into winter wonderlands during the cold seasons.
3. Dual-purpose Design - Designing buildings to have multiple purposes, such as providing a summer resting spot that can be transformed into a winter sledding slope.
1. Architecture and Design - Incorporating innovative and fun features into building designs to enhance user experience and entertainment value.
2. Construction - Building structures that are adjustable and cater to seasonal changes and user needs for a more personalized experience.
3. Entertainment and Tourism - Providing unique and memorable experiences for visitors through creative design and seasonal transformations of buildings.