Google is celebrating the 57th anniversary of the first barcode being patented.
Google changes its logo often for holidays and other special landmark events during the year, but usually it is still pretty easy to read the name “Google” at the top of the screen when you go onto the Google homepage. Today though, the word “Google” is written in barcode code (seriously), and according to TechCrunch.com, they actually did really spell out Google in the barcode. Impressive!
Google Commemorates the First Barcode Patent
1. Barcode Technology - Opportunity for businesses to explore innovative uses of barcode technology for improved efficiency and customer experience.
2. Logo Transformations - Opportunity for businesses to leverage logo transformations as a marketing strategy to create buzz and engage customers.
3. Hidden Messages - Opportunity for businesses to incorporate hidden messages in their branding to create intrigue and capture consumer attention.
1. Retail - Retailers can adopt barcode technology to streamline inventory management and enhance the shopping experience for customers.
2. Marketing and Advertising - Marketing and advertising agencies can leverage logo transformations as a unique way to create brand awareness and attract customer attention.
3. Design and Branding - Design and branding agencies can explore hidden messages in branding strategies to create a sense of mystery and generate consumer interest.