The Balenciaga Pride 2021 capsule collection is a new lineup of garments from the high-fashion brand that are arriving just in time for Pride Month for consumers to pick up. The garment range includes a series of pieces that are emblazoned with the rainbow flag or even the word "GAY" to act as a straightforward way for wearers to show their pride. The collection is hoped to help enhance the visibility and acceptance of those within the LGBTQ+ community, and will also see 15% of the sales going to The Trevor Project.
Creative Director Demna Gvasalia spoke on the new Balenciaga Pride 2021 capsule collection saying, "I'm gay. I grew up in a society where I couldn't have worn that, and there are places in the world that you cannot today. It's important to push through against homophobia. I'm not someone who goes out in the street and shouts. But this is the political fashion activism I can do."
Image Credit: Balenciaga
The Balenciaga Pride 2021 Capsule Collection Arrives in June
1. Pride-inclusive Fashion - The Balenciaga Pride 2021 capsule collection demonstrates the trend of creating fashion collections that cater to specific identities, promoting inclusivity and representation.
2. Fashion for Social Causes - The donation of 15% of sales from the Balenciaga Pride 2021 collection to The Trevor Project highlights the trend of fashion brands supporting social causes to foster positive change and impact.
3. Fashion as Political Activism - Demna Gvasalia's statement on the Balenciaga Pride 2021 collection showcases the trend of fashion being used as a tool for political activism and activism overall.
1. Fashion Industry - Fashion brands can leverage the trend of pride-inclusive fashion and fashion for social causes to create collections that resonate with different communities and promote inclusivity while driving revenue.
2. LGBTQ+ Community - The trend of pride-inclusive fashion shows an opportunity for fashion brands to support and celebrate the LGBTQ+ community, fostering inclusion and representation.
3. Nonprofit Sector - The trend of fashion for social causes could create partnerships between fashion brands and nonprofit organizations, driving support and awareness for important causes.