Foodstirs got its start with a variety of DIY organic, all-natural and non-GMO baking kits and now it is introducing its first-ever ready-to-eat products in the form of bite-sized bakery treats. These better-for-you baked goods deliver nostalgic childhood treats like donuts, muffins, blondies and brownies that only have two to three grams of sugar, as the products are sweetened with a combination of organic cane sugar, tapioca syrup, agave inulin and stevia leaf extract.
While these products are shipped frozen, they are sold in stores as fresh products that have a 21-day shelf life. As such, the recipes are free from preservatives that help to extend their life and Foodstirs notes that "We are able to use most of the same ingredients that we use in the baking mixes."
Foodstirs Makes Bite-Sized "Junk-Free Bakery" Products
1. Reduced Sugar Baked Goods - Opportunity to develop and market baked goods with reduced sugar content that still maintain their taste and texture.
2. Ready-to-eat Health Snacks - Opportunity to create ready-to-eat snack products that are healthy, convenient, and meet the demand for organic and non-GMO ingredients.
3. Clean Label Preservation - Opportunity to use clean-label preservation techniques in baking to extend the shelf-life without compromising the quality and taste of the product.
1. Bakery - Bakeries can capture the attention of health-conscious consumers by providing baked goods that are better for them, but still indulgent.
2. Organic and Non-gmo Products - Opportunity for organic and non-GMO food manufacturers to expand their product lines to include ready-to-eat baked goods.
3. Retail - Retailers can add healthy, ready-to-eat snacks to their shelves to meet the demand for healthier snack options.