This Audi marketing campaign took advantage of the Halloween tradition of dressing up and took to the streets on a mission to dress up regular cars like Audis.
This Audi marketing campaign is a creative example of guerrilla marketing. Two Audi reps travelled to random parking lots with Audi "car masks" and applied them to non-Audi cars without any permission whatsoever. The easily removable "car masks" made the front end of any car look like an Audi and thus dressed up the cars for Halloween. The idea is that every car would rather be an Audi.
This is a creative way to spur word of mouth advertising as well as create a viral marketing buzz. Many of the people who found their cars with the masks on them took pictures for social networking purposes.
This Audi Marketing Campaign Placed Car Masks on Parked Cars
1. Guerrilla Marketing - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Develop unique and unconventional marketing strategies to capture attention and generate buzz.
2. Viral Marketing - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Create compelling and shareable content that encourages people to spread the message organically.
3. Word of Mouth Advertising - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Encourage positive brand experiences that lead customers to recommend and talk about the brand.
1. Automotive - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Find innovative ways to market and differentiate vehicles in a competitive industry.
2. Advertising - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Embrace unconventional and attention-grabbing advertising methods to stand out in a cluttered media landscape.
3. Social Media - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Leverage social media platforms to amplify marketing campaigns and reach a wider audience.