Spanish design firm Atipo creatively subverts traditional glam movie advertisements with these minimal movie posters that rebrand classic hit films.
Atipo recently created an online gallery for consumers to order fine quality colored stock cards. To advertise the new card product, Atipo recreated several film posters of popular cult classics with a rather nominal aesthetic. These posters are made with several pieces of layered Atipo card and only a few subtle details that are meant to hint at the referenced film. For example, the minimal film poster for Dracula is made from a blood red card with two bite marks in the upper right-hand corner. Film buffs can have fun trying to figure out the films referred to in the other 12 remaining nominal poster designs.
Atipo’s Nominal Illustations Turn Film Posters into a Fun Guess
1. Nominal Movie Posters - Designing movie posters with a minimalistic approach to create an elevated user experience
2. Interactive Movie Poster Design - Creating movie posters that challenge viewers to interact and engage with the art in new ways
3. Rebranding Classic Films - Breathing new life into classic films with a fresh take on the poster design and storytelling
1. Film Industry - Experimenting with marketing techniques that are unconventional and disruptive
2. Graphic Design Industry - Incorporating interactive and engaging elements into traditional marketing and poster design
3. Printing Industry - Offering unique and creatively designed printed materials to consumers that go beyond standard printed literature