In a recent ad titled 'As the Room Turns,' La-Z-Boy Furniture draws inspiration from daytime TV in order to add a touch of humor to the process of shopping for furniture. With the help of supermodel Brooke Shields, the ad puts a playful twist on a popular soap opera.
In As The Room Turns, Shields is seen having a dramatic encounter with a man who refuses to believe that the furniture around her was designed by La-Z-Boy. The commercial plays on several different soap opera cliches such as drinks being thrown and affairs with long-lost twins. Although short, the humorous content quickly draws viewers in and keeps them engaged long enough to hear the plug for La-Z-Boy Furniture.
The clever ad demonstrates that humorous can be a compelling way to catch a viewer's attention, even when it is only loosely related to the product at hand.
The 'As the Room Turns' Ad Draws Inspiration from Daytime TV
1. Humorous Advertisements - Businesses across various industries can increase engagement by incorporating humor into their advertisements.
2. Incorporating Pop Culture References - By incorporating pop culture references into their advertisements, companies can appeal to a wider audience and increase brand recognition.
3. Product Placement in Entertainment - Businesses can leverage product placement in entertainment to increase awareness and create new marketing opportunities.
1. Furniture Retail - Furniture retailers can use humorous advertisements to set themselves apart in a competitive market and create strong brand awareness.
2. Advertising and Marketing - Marketing and advertising agencies can help clients stand out by incorporating pop culture references and humor into campaigns.
3. Entertainment - TV shows and movies can use product placement to generate new revenue streams and promote product awareness for businesses in various industries.