With the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s ‘Model As Muse’ exhibition opening up on May 6, Models.com examines the phenomena of artists paying homage to fashion models and their influence on pop culture.
Models.com explains, “Nowhere is the power of a model’s image more evident than in the art it inspires. In recent years artists have taken a pointed interest in the perfection put forth by modeling’s finest.”
Check out the gallery for examples of model-inspired art (from left to right): Kate Moss by Chuck Close, Doutzen Kroes by Terry Rodgers, Gemma Ward by Jodie Candy, Daria Werbowy in front of a George Condo canvas inspired by her, Natalia Vodianova by Jeanne Detallante, Kate Moss by Banksy, Alys Hale and Imogen Morris-Clarke by KT Art, Natalia Vodianova by Alex Katz, Caroline Trentini and Coco Rocha by Richard Phillips, and Kate Moss by Tracey Emin.
Iconic Artistic Tributes to Fashion Models
1. Artistic Homage to Fashion Models - Opportunity for artists to create innovative and unique artworks inspired by fashion models.
2. Power of a Model's Image in Art - Exploration of the influence and impact of fashion models' images on contemporary art.
3. Model-inspired Art Phenomena - Increasing interest among artists in capturing the essence and beauty of fashion models through their artworks.
1. Art and Design - Potential for artists to showcase their talent and create marketable artworks inspired by fashion models.
2. Fashion and Modeling - Collaborations between fashion models and artists to create unique pieces of art that blur the boundaries between fashion and art.
3. Entertainment and Pop Culture - Opportunity for the entertainment industry to explore the intersection between fashion models, art, and popular culture.