Transport for London (TfL) is now offering a guided art tours that will share works of art in the underground with locals and tourists.
The 'Art Tube Map' was created as a guide to all of the artwork that can be seen in the London underground, encouraging people to explore the area.
In order to promote the launch of the Art Tube Map, the TfL is now running 90-minute tours to showcase the art pieces that have been added to the stations within the last decade, as well as over the last century and beyond. To further engage the public, there will be a panel discussion held at the London Transport Museum, which will have artists like Poncelet and Zineb Sedira review the program and reveal what inspires them to create.
'The Art Tube Map' is the TfL's Guide to Art in the Subways of London
1. Underground Art Tours - The trend of offering underground art tours is growing as more cities recognize the opportunity to showcase public art in unique and surprising locations.
2. Art and Tourism - The trend of incorporating public art into tourism plans offers a powerful economic opportunity to highlight local artists and foster cultural exchange.
3. Art Accessibility - The trend of providing guided tours for public art installations in unexpected locations will open the door to new audiences, who may not have the resources or knowledge to seek out these works on their own.
1. Transportation - Transportation companies can take advantage of the trend by incorporating public art pieces in their infrastructure to provide a unique and engaging experience for passengers.
2. Tourism - The tourism industry can capitalize on the trend by developing art tour packages and incorporating art installations in their itineraries.
3. Art Education - Art education programs can create specialized tours to encourage students to explore public art as a form of cultural expression and social commentary.