Nordic walking poles are an effective accessory for use when hiking or walking to maximize aerobic benefits and reduce body pain but can be cumbersome to use, so the 'ARMWALKER' wearable is positioned as an easier alternative.
The wearable device works by being positioned over the shoulders and provides the wearer with a series of pulleys that can be comfortably held in the hand. Pulling on them during walking will mimic the experience of using Nordic walking poles and thus activate more muscles in the body, while also promoting better circulation.
The 'ARMWALKER' wearable will help walkers of all ages with a way to enjoy an enhanced upper body workout that could help a person to enjoy enhanced pain reduction over time.
The 'ARMWALKER' Mimics the Experience of Nordic Walking Poles
1. Walking Workout Wearables - There is an opportunity to create more wearables that optimize different types of workouts, specifically for walking.
2. Pulley-based Technology - Developing technology based on pulleys may have a beneficial impact on the future of mobility aids and physical therapy equipment.
3. Muscle-activating Wearables - There is potential for creating wearables that aid in both strength and cardio exercises through activating and supporting different muscle groups.
1. Fitness Industry - The 'ARMWALKER' can be seen as an example to create wearable technology that can enhance a user's physical workout experience by targeting specific muscle groups.
2. Mobility Industry - The pulley technology used in the 'ARMWALKER' could be applied to creating new mobility devices that make moving around easier for people with physical disabilities.
3. Physical Therapy Industry - By shifting from traditional equipment to wearable technology like the 'ARMWALKER,' physical training and rehab could become more portable, personalized, and trackable for the patient and therapist alike.