With the rise of the Occupy movement in addition to other similar events around the world, protests have received a lot of international coverage over the last couple of years; the Ark of Many Voices sculpture is a creative reflection of the narrative of these numerous protest camps. It uses an iconic staple, the megaphone, to do just that.
By adopting a product that has the sole purpose of amplifying messages, the Ark of Many Voices sculpture itself appears amplified. The designer behind the art project, Marco Monterzino, lived for a month within the Occupy London camp. While there, he learned from the camp’s carpenters about fashioning usable objects from scraps and offcuts of materials before producing an object that caters to their needs.
The Ark of Many Voices by Marco Monterzino Symbolizes Protests
1. Protest Art - Using creative sculptures to symbolize the narrative of protests and amplify their messages.
2. Iconic Staple Repurposing - Repurposing everyday objects, such as the megaphone, to create innovative and meaningful art.
3. Narrative Reflection - Creating art that reflects the stories and experiences of protest movements worldwide.
1. Art and Sculpture - There is an opportunity for artists and sculptors to create thought-provoking pieces that capture social and political movements.
2. Protest Activism - Protest organizations can leverage creative installations and sculptures to amplify their messages and engage with the public.
3. Upcycling and Repurposing - Companies that specialize in upcycling and repurposing materials can explore collaborations with artists to create unique and meaningful products.