The Apollo Sofa is deceptively simple. It shuns traditional couch dimensions for a design that is subtly asymmetrical. Almost like a daybed, one side of the Apollo Sofa slopes higher than the other side. Unlike a daybed, however, the seat follows suit for an elevated position that would encourage lifted torsos or feet.
Designed by Tatiana Bortkevic of Archidea Design, a studio based in Paris, France, the Apollo Sofa is inspired by modern architectural forms. Comprised of sleek, minimalist lines, the Apollo Sofa hree different colors: red, black and white. Perfect for the contemporary home, it adds a rich and bold element to existing decor thanks to its velvet upholstery and stable chrome frame. It has a slight feminine appeal.
The Apollo Sofa by Tatiana Bortkevic is Inspired by Architecture
1. Asymmetric Furniture - The rise of subtle yet strikingly asymmetrical furniture designs creates opportunities for companies to differentiate themselves in the furniture industry and appeal to design-conscious consumers.
2. Architectural Inspiration - Incorporating architectural forms and styles into furniture design can lead to unique and eye-catching products that offer a new take on familiar objects.
3. Velvet Upholstery - The increased popularity of velvet as a upholstery material for furniture creates opportunities for companies to offer luxurious and sophisticated products to consumers who seek a sense of elegance in their living spaces.
1. Furniture Design and Manufacture - The furniture industry can embrace the trend of asymmetrically bold couches to offer unique and innovative products that meet the changing needs and preferences of consumers.
2. Interior Design - Interior designers can utilize the trend of asymmetric furniture to create bold and visually compelling interiors that break away from traditional design styles.
3. Home Decor - The home decor industry can benefit from incorporating the trend of velvet upholstery into products, such as pillows or curtains, that offer a touch of luxury and sophistication to living spaces.