The APEX FullView concept phone is the newest device by mobile phone maker Vivo and is impressive in quite a few ways. The phone is being introduced as having the highest screen-to-body ratio, thanks to the complete lack of bezels, and features a half-screen in-display fingerprint scanner. Both innovations come because of the phone's lack of bezels, and the phone has even more features based around this bezel-less design.
While the tops of phones are often reserved for front-facing cameras, the APEX FullView hides its front camera in rising pod in the phone's body. When the phone is set to take a selfie, an 8-megapixel camera pod rises from the top of the phone and locks in place to take a picture of its user.
The half-screen in-display fingerprint scanner is another starring feature in the APEX FullView and is quite impressive as means of security. The phone turns the entire bottom half of its OLED screen into a fingerprint scanner and also features a new form of dual-fingerprint scanning technology that grants the APEX a higher level of security.
Image Credit: Vivo
The Apex FullView Redesigns Its Features for a New Concept
1. Bezel-less Design - Swapping traditional phone designs to bezel-less will pave the way for more innovations such as hidden camera pods and more user-friendly features.
2. In-display Fingerprint Scanners - Improve phone security by turning the screen into a fingerprint scanner. This technology is disruptive due to its creative way of implementation and how it changes the way people access their devices.
3. Rising Camera Pods - Camera pods rising from a bezel-less phone design offers upsides in aesthetic appeal and user convenience.
1. Smartphone Industry - The introduction of bezel-less smartphones could revolutionize the smartphone landscape and unlock new spaces for design and innovative features.
2. Mobile Technology Industry - In-display fingerprint scanners have far reaching applications outside of the smartphone industry, such as enhancing security systems and access management tools.
3. Consumer Electronics Industry - The development of rising camera pods presents a potential for diverse consumer electronics such as security cameras, home assistant speakers, and car cameras.